To be admitted to a 2nd course/level degree course, a 1st level degree or a suitable equivalent foreign qualification is required (see also the "Admission criteria" section).
Access to the Master in "Safety Assessment of Xenobiotics and Biotechnological Products" (SAXBi) is open to:
- graduates with Italian degree (ex. DM 270/04 or equivalent ex. DM 509/99) in the areas L2 or L29;
- graduates from areas other than the above listed, provided they have earned the following credits:
- at least 9 credits (ECTS) in disciplines of CHIM/01, CHIM/03 or CHIM/06 (analytical chemistry; general and inorganic chemistry; organic chemistry);
- at least 5 credits in disciplines BIO/09 (physiology);
- at least 12 credits in disciplines BIO/10, BIO/11 or BIO/13 (biochemistry; molecular biology; applied biology);
- at least 6 credits in disciplines BIO/14 (pharmacology/toxicology);
Students with foreign qualification recognised as equivalent may access to the Master in SAXBi if they can demonstrate background knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and physiology, equivalent to those listed above. A committee of teachers appointed by the Board of Faculty will check the presence of these requirements.
Students meeting the above minimum requirements are invited to an interview for admission (in English) with the Commission for Admittance to the Master, composed by teaching members appointed by the Teaching Board. The interview, done remotely via electronic devices if necessary, is aimed at verifying the above mentioned skills and the knowledge of the English Language equivalent to B2 level.
Students who have not yet graduated but who expect to graduate by December 2021 can also apply for admission to the Master in SAXBi.
Interviews of applicants will be held according to a calendar proposed individually to each applicant.
The committee evaluates the candidate on a 100-point scale:
-up to 25/100 will be given for the graduation mark
-up to 25/100 for the curriculum (free courses, others...)
-up to 50/100 for the interview
The minimum requirement for admission is 60/100.
Application for admission: from 12/03/2021 to 27/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2021 to 30/09/2021
Admitted students who have already graduated must enroll by 30 September 2021, while those who will achieve the qualification or requirements set by 31 December 2021 must enroll by 15 January 2022.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts